Thursday, April 12, 2012

Projects in Process

Before delving into some "real" work today, I wanted to share some projects that I've been working on and some recent little things.

I've been working on a couple of embroideries based on my favorite Twilight Zone episodes. I'm partially done with one based on Eye of the Beholder:
The other one will star my favorite actor: Richard Kiel.

I also have a little dress in the pipeline, but I haven't touched it in a week. I'm working on this pattern:
I'm working on the option shown
In this charming fabric:
Sorry about the cat hair. As soon as I brought out the camera someone decided to sit on it.
I recently made this cute little card for a friend's birthday:
He has a Boston Terrier, in case you couldn't guess.
I think I want to spend an afternoon this weekend making more cards like this. It's a bit simpler than the ones I usually do, but I think they'd make a good 4-pack on Etsy. Maybe packs of one type of twee animal or different animals with coordinating colors and prints?

This Sunday, I also managed to weasel out of celebrating Easter with my family. I saw Casa de mi Padre and hit up the Frock You Huge Frocking Sale instead. My favorite part of Frock You is their vintage lingerie selection. Every time I've been to the sale, I've been able to get a lovely vintage foundation garment at a good price, like a black lace long-line bra, which is only bested in loveliness by my La Perla set (I used to have connections). This time, I picked up a 1960's open bottom girdle (which I'm considering dyeing) and this 1950's corset:
What an insane thing! There's a very small stain, but those are easy enough to get rid of (they are, I swear). This thing is by far the most intense foundation garment I own, and it definitely took some internet research to figure out how it's supposed to be worn. I know, it seems simple enough, but when it's on a hanger instead of a mannequin, it's very complicated. I need to find some nice ribbon to replace the current lacing. It's in good condition, but I'm just not into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment